AQUARIAN QUEST CELEBRATES LIFE AND CREATES CARETAKERS OF
THE EARTH THROUGH SCHOOL SHIP SAILING ADVENTURES!
Our programs are designed to teach ecological wisdom while facilitating the growth of individuals as they sail aboard traditional and modern sailing vessels. Now is your chance to provide hands-on marine education experiences for your students or your family. Please call 941-587-9313 for more information.
- 3 hour field trips include history, marine education, music, hands-on sailing fun.
- The Aquarian Quest education program complies with Sunshine State Standards for Science Education.
- Aquarian Quest operates the Official Education sail Fleet of Sarasota County.
- We have served over 10,000 youth and 4,000 adults to date.
- Consider arranging a sponsor sail for your group in support of educational sails for students. Please call 941-587-9313 for more information.
Aquarian Quest is an approved, non-profit company with a membership base promoting ecological awareness through historic and modern themes of our maritime heritage.
AQ was founded in 2000 by long-time sailors and boat builders Robert Killian, Joe Jacobson and Peter Seyffert. Their vision was to provide a unique form of educating young people and adults about the importance of protecting Florida’s amazing marine environment.
Robert worked with legendary folk singer, Pete Seeger on the famous sloop, Clearwater for over 20 years. The Clearwater organization has been sailing and educating to raise public awareness to participate in cleaning up New York’s Hudson River. AQ’s education sailing program was inspired by the Clearwater’s success. Aquarian Quest acheived 501 (c)(3), non-profit status in 2002.